Vegan Spring Rolls
The best foods are the ones you can dip in some kind of sauce; these vegan spring rolls are the perfect appetizer or side dish to your summer meals because they are nutrient-packed and guilt-free!
- Tofu of your choice. I use teriyaki marinated tofu from Sprouts Farmers Market. You can marinate your own tofu by getting extra firm tofu, rinsing it out thoroughly by wrapping in a paper towel, then marinate in a sauce of your choice. I recommend Coco Aminos.
- Broccoli Slaw.
- Bright Fresh Micro Rainbow Mix.
- Trader Joe's Japanese multi-purpose seasoning
- Coco Aminos. I used the original flavor.
- Sesame seed oil.
- Spring roll wraps.
- Cut tofu in thin, long strips.
- Place 2 tbsps of sesame seed oil in a frying pan, wait until heated.
- Lightly pan-fry the tofu until golden brown. Overcooking will result in a chewier texture, so be careful.
- Mix raw broccoli slaw with Coco Aminos & Japanese multi-purpose seasoning.
- Place warm water on a deep dish/plate and delicately rinse spring roll wrappers until soft.
- Carefully place spring roll wrapper on top of a plate that is covered with a paper towel, place another paper towel on top of the spring roll wrapper to dry- then remove.
- In a thin line, layer a small amount of micro rainbow mix, broccoli slaw, and tofu.
- Wrap spring rolls by folding each end, and then wrapping.
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- Natural unsalted, no added salt/sugar peanut butter. (2 tbsp)
- Hoisin sauce. (1/4 of a cup)
- Low-sodium soy sauce. (1 tbsp)
- Crushed peanuts. (2 tbsp)
- A dash of siracha, or chili sauce for desired spice.
- Mix all together in a bowl!